We’re not sticklers for New Year’s resolutions. Of course we want you to exercise more, stop smoking, and find that perfect job. But sometimes the pressure of a new you in the new year sabotages best intentions.
At Unstuck, we believe that change most likely will occur when you realize that something has you stuck — that moment when you say to yourself this isn’t acceptable to me anymore and I need to do something about it. Now.
In that spirit, consider the following 10 aspects of your life (listed in no particular order). These are big ones. Habits and attitudes that can make a real difference.
If, and when, you think any one of these could use some attention, click through for tips and ideas to get you started.
1. Confidence. This ebbs and flows for all of us, even those with the biggest swagger.
2. Procrastination. Recognizing our avoidance tactics is half the battle in stopping them.
3. Knowing what you want. It’s easier than you may think to lose sight of what’s important to you.
4. Facing your fear. This is the mother of many, many stuck moments. These tips will help you stare it down.
5. Perseverance. Getting started isn’t the hard part, keeping on is.
6. Anxiety. Excess worry can be paralyzing. These 10 pointers will help you stop anxiety before it stops you.
7. Asking for help. There are far more benefits of getting some assistance than always going it alone.
8. Happiness. It’s not something to pursue, exactly. It’s more about your approach to life.
9. Fresh perspective. When things start seeming stale, it helps to look at them in a new way.
10. Gratitude. This can strengthen relationships, improve your health, and reduce stress.