When you’re longing for a change, it’s time to build your enthusiasm with any of these 20 change kick-starters. There’s no reason to wait — that perfect moment almost never appears.
- Ask yourself: If not now, when?
- Decide to change.
- Say your goal out loud to yourself or someone else. It feels good.
- Ask yourself: What would life be like without this change?
- Release yourself and others from blame. It doesn’t matter how you got where you are.
- Build your intolerance for how things are now.
- Each time you complain about things, stop and come up with a solution.
- Ask yourself: Who do I know who has done something like this? It’s instant inspiration.
- Describe who you will be after the change.
- Dream large about the outcome.
- Acknowledge what you’re afraid of. Remind yourself that it’s worth the risk.
- Ask yourself: What do I have control over in this situation? How can I take that control?
- Remind yourself of the biggest, scariest change you ever made. Draw strength from that experience.
- Eliminate something or someone that would distract you.
- Spend 10 minutes a day researching solutions.
- Jot down your ideas. Review them on a regular basis.
- Pick one small thing to do differently.
- Create a progress tracker.
- Come up with a way to reward yourself every time you make progress.
- Listen to the words of Christopher Robbin, who said to Pooh: “Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”
Ready for the next step?
Set yourself up for success by taking Unstuck’s Life Course called “Making a Change.” We’ll help you dive into purpose, build motivation, and fight off the fear of failure.