Joy, it turns out, doesn’t cost much at all. Mostly, it takes stepping outside of your routine to exercise whimsy or wonder. We can do that.
- Get dressed up for dinner at home.
- Cannonball into a pool.
- Have a movie night with friends.
- Send a message in a bottle.
- Go for a walk and discover a new street or neighborhood.
- Camp in the backyard.
- Test-drive a ridiculously expensive sports car.
Thanks to Karen Amster-Young and Pam Godwin for this list. You can find hundreds more ideas in their book The 52 Weeks: Two Women and Their Quest to Get Unstuck, with Stories and Ideas to Jumpstart Your Year of Discovery
Learn more about how Karen and Pam got unstuck at the52weeks.com.