Choosing to reflect is really an honest way of listening to ourselves. By letting go of concerns, rules, and desires, we surface unfettered emotion. And with that emotion come the thoughts that can guide our decisions. Here are seven ways to put yourself in a reflective state of mind.
- Forgive people.
- Send a message in a bottle.
- Listen to soothing sounds or music.
- Accept and reflect on your mistakes.
- Look up at the sky.
- Do nothing; it is doing something.
- Drive with no destination in mind.
Thanks to Karen Amster-Young and Pam Godwin for this list. You can find hundreds more ideas in their book The 52 Weeks: Two Women and Their Quest to Get Unstuck, with Stories and Ideas to Jumpstart Your Year of Discovery.