When we get right down to it, relationships are everything. They fuel all aspects of our life — and without that fuel, the days can feel pretty empty. But no need to go there. Here are seven low-impact ways you can build bonds.
1. Accompany a friend visiting someone who is sick.
2. Have high tea with the older generation of women in your family.
3. Smile more often.
4. Have a tech-free night spent playing cards or board games.
5. Offer to babysit for a friend in need of a break.
6. Leave a note in your partner’s briefcase or your kid’s backpack.
7. Host a potluck meal and invite everyone over.
Thanks to Karen Amster-Young and Pam Godwin for this list. You can find hundreds more ideas in their book The 52 Weeks: Two Women and Their Quest to Get Unstuck, with Stories and Ideas to Jumpstart Your Year of Discovery.
Learn more about how Karen and Pam got unstuck at the52weeks.com.