Here’s what we love about risk: It breaks boundaries and broadens our world. It delivers a kind of exhilaration that following the rules never will. It helps us determine our own destiny.
We don’t suggest daredevil antics, but we do endorse trying something new on a regular basis.
- Eat a food you’ve never tried before.
- Ask your employer for a raise or review.
- Change your look.
- Sing karaoke with friends.
- Go out to eat by yourself.
- Play hooky!
- Do something that scares you.
Thanks to Karen Amster-Young and Pam Godwin for this list. You can find hundreds more ideas in their book The 52 Weeks: Two Women and Their Quest to Get Unstuck, with Stories and Ideas to Jumpstart Your Year of Discovery.