Staying local during your summer vacation doesn’t mean you’re stuck in the dull zone. It’s a prime opportunity to try something new, something that might last longer than seven days at a faraway place.
- Discover your green thumb and take up gardening. It’s relaxing and provides Vitamin D.
- Learn how to play Texas Hold ’Em.
- Watch a funny movie. It releases endorphins.
- Revisit your childhood and have a water balloon fight.
- Make a recipe that’s been in your family for generations.
- “Visit” another country in your city. Love France? See a French film, eat crepes, and start learning the language.
- Drive with no destination in mind.
Thanks to Karen Amster-Young and Pam Godwin for this list. You can find hundreds more ideas in their book The 52 Weeks: Two Women and Their Quest to Get Unstuck, with Stories and Ideas to Jumpstart Your Year of Discovery.
Learn more about how Karen and Pam got unstuck at the52weeks.com.