Dreaming of a new career can (temporarily) lessen the bite of a bad job, but it may not motivate us beyond our musings. To build momentum, do something — anything — that gets you excited, increases your knowledge, or expands your connections. Here are 7 ideas ranging from tiny to whoa-look-what-I’m-doing!
1. Make a vision board
2. Go on an informational interview
3. Start a side business on eBay or Etsy
4. Write a guest article or blog post
5. Resist the urge to complain
6. Give tennis lessons to kids
7. Write your autobiography: it might reveal things you forgot about yourself
Thanks to Karen Amster-Young and Pam Godwin for this list. You can find hundreds more ideas in their book The 52 Weeks: Two Women and Their Quest to Get Unstuck, with Stories and Ideas to Jumpstart Your Year of Discovery
Learn more about how Karen and Pam got unstuck at the52weeks.com.