Routine makes the world go ‘round, but it can also get us down if our lives become too regimented. Here’s a handful of ideas to shake things up a bit and help you feel invigorated about life again.
- Go out to eat by yourself.
- Become a pen pal to an overseas soldier.
- Throw a surprise party.
- Complete a random act of kindness.
- Fill and bury a time capsule. (Could be a mason jar with a few items.)
- Compliment someone you don’t like.
- Paint a room.
Thanks to Karen Amster-Young and Pam Godwin for this list. You can find hundreds more ideas in their book The 52 Weeks: Two Women and Their Quest to Get Unstuck, with Stories and Ideas to Jumpstart Your Year of Discovery.
Learn more about how Karen and Pam got unstuck at the52weeks.com.
When your motivation is missing
Find out what’s blocking you and what will get you going again with our Spark Your Motivation Life Course — a deep dive into knowing you better.