Routine makes the world go ‘round, but it can also get us down if our lives become too regimented. Here’s a handful of ideas to shake things up a bit and help you feel invigorated about life again.
- Go out to eat by yourself.
- Become a pen pal to an overseas soldier.
- Throw a surprise party.
- Complete a random act of kindness.
- Fill and bury a time capsule. (Could be a mason jar with a few items.)
- Compliment someone you don’t like.
- Paint a room.
Thanks to Karen Amster-Young and Pam Godwin for this list. You can find hundreds more ideas in their book The 52 Weeks: Two Women and Their Quest to Get Unstuck, with Stories and Ideas to Jumpstart Your Year of Discovery.
Learn more about how Karen and Pam got unstuck at the52weeks.com.