Anxiety is paralysis of our mind and heart. It’s like all our excessive worry wraps around our desires and squeezes them inactive. To loosen the grip, seek out soul-nourishing remedies, like the ones here, and consider these 9 tips from Unstuck.
- Go to sleep earlier for seven days.
- Learn how to breathe properly. Shallow breathing causes anxiety.
- Read. It calms the soul.
- Go to a comedy club, or make plans with your funniest friend.
- Think about what makes you happy.
- Spend a week taking care of yourself.
Thanks to Karen Amster-Young and Pam Godwin for this list. You can find hundreds more ideas in their book The 52 Weeks: Two Women and Their Quest to Get Unstuck, with Stories and Ideas to Jumpstart Your Year of Discovery
Learn more about how Karen and Pam got unstuck at the52weeks.com.