Lemons are a healthy miracle delivered in adorably sunny packages that belie their impressive superpowers:
- Keep your immune system in fight mode, thanks to the Vitamin C.
- Balance the pH levels in your body (balance is always a good word).
- Flush toxins and removes poisons from your liver.
- Aid in healthy digestion.
- Help reduce pain and inflammation in joints.
- Fade acne spots and combat aging (um, yes please!).
- Strengthen blood vessels.
There is one little catch: You need to make lemons part of your daily food routine. Fortunately, that’s not hard to do.
• Start your day with half a lemon squeezed in a tall glass of room-temperature water.
• Ask for a bowl of lemon wedges at a restaurant so you have enough to squeeze into each refill of water.
• Lemons enhance the saltiness of food, so don’t go crazy with the salt shaker, add some lemon juice instead.
Thanks to REFIT® for this tip. REFIT is a community-centered fitness program that engages the heart as a muscle and a soul. Learn more about this revolutionary fitness community at www.REFITREV.com