Lemons are a healthy miracle delivered in adorably sunny packages that belie their impressive superpowers:
1. Keep your immune system in fight mode, thanks to the Vitamin C.
2. Balance the pH levels in your body (balance is always a good word).
3. Flush toxins and removes poisons from your liver.
4. Aid in healthy digestion.
5. Help reduce pain and inflammation in joints.
6. Fade acne spots and combat aging (um, yes please!).
7. Strengthen blood vessels.
There is one little catch: You need to make lemons part of your daily food routine. Fortunately, that’s not hard to do.
• Start your day with half a lemon squeezed in a tall glass of room-temperature water.
• Ask for a bowl of lemon wedges at a restaurant so you have enough to squeeze into each refill of water.
• Lemons enhance the saltiness of food, so don’t go crazy with the salt shaker, add some lemon juice instead.
Thanks to REFIT® for this tip. REFIT is a community-centered fitness program that engages the heart as a muscle and a soul. Learn more about this revolutionary fitness community at www.REFITREV.com