How is it that some people try again and again, while others get perpetually stuck at the first roadblock? The difference is resilience — an adaptive trait that enables us to bounce back when faced with difficulties.
Resilience doesn’t mean we escape feelings of pain and hardship, but rather meet those uncomfortable feelings so we can work through stressful situations. Here are some attributes of a resilient spirit:
- An ability to bounce back after setback
- A more positive outlook on life
- Heightened problem-solving abilities
- Greater decisiveness in day-to-day actions
- An ability to manage strong feelings and stress with a clear mind
- The confidence to try new things without worrying about every little detail that could go wrong.