What’s your excuse?
Avoiders play tricks on themselves to put off what they know they should be doing. Do you recognize any of these in yourself?
- Talk about it so much you’re convinced you’ve actually done something.
- Believe that no one will notice or care if it gets done.
- Multitask yourself into an I’m-too-busy-for-it state.
- Get stumped because there isn’t a clear blueprint on how to do it.
- Don’t get enough sleep so you don’t have the energy.
- Let fear of failure convince you that you’ll mess it up, so why bother.
- Wait for the perfect time and conditions to get started.